Thursday, May 17, 2007

Good things

This is Michelle. I am writing about some good things that happened, because my mommy was not a bad person she just sometimes didn't do a super good job, but lots of times, she did good things.

Like one good thing I remember is this. She used to bake very beautiful cakes for the school carnival. They were yummy and they looked very pretty, too. She did not get a store bought cake to send, she made it herself. And when they had the cake walk, where you walk around and when the music stops you land on a number, and if they pick that number, you get to choose a cake, her cake was always the very first one someone would pick. One year, one of us kids won the cake walk, and we took the cake she made, because we knew it was the yummiest one there. My mommy was a good baker.

And when I was in second grade, she made cupcakes for my pretend birthday at school. They were pretty and pink and they had roses inside of them, real rose petals. They were delicious. She brought those to school, and the kids liked them a lot.

And another time, after the rose show at school, she picked me up at school with the car. It was just her and me, and no little kids at all. I was seven. We went on some errands, and she gave me a special present. The special present was a book that she liked when she was little, and she thought I would like it too. It was the Secret Garden. I like that book a lot, and also the Little Princess. I do not like Little Lord Fauntleroy so well, but I like the other two books a lot because they are about girls.

My mommy also used to make me clothes. She sewed very nice clothes. I had a really good sailor dress, and it was made out of sail cloth, even. I went to the fabric store and picked out the cloth myself. And it had a tie with it. It was a very nice dress. Also, there were a lot of other dresses she made for me. I liked all of the different things she could make. She made me a dress like Little House on the Prairie, too, because she knew I liked those books a whole lot.

Another good thing my mommy did was we always had lots of paper and glue and crayons to use. We could use just as much paper or glue as we wanted, and it was okay if we made things and colored and drew. Also, we would go to the library and get lots of books, and it was okay if we read lots of books.

I know that sometimes she was not nice and she sometimes did things that hurt, but I think maybe that is because she had too many kids and nobody could help her, and she would forget a lot of the time that we were just little kids, and not grown ups, and we could not do all of the things she wanted. And sometimes, we would forget and do something that made her mad. But when she was not mad, she was very nice and she tried to take good care of us. I am writing about this because I do not want people to think she was not nice or good, because she was, but not all the time, just when she could be. She did lots of good things that I did not write about here, too.

1 comment:

Me, Myself And I said...

I'm glad you posted. I know some nice things too, like how nice she is to ME.