Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Changing

So, there I was, listening to music as I was washing dishes, and this song came up on my MP3 player. Even though I listen to a lot of songs by this group, and have had this one on my computer for years, I never noticed it until last night.

The song is "Changing," by The Four Bitchin' Babes. I believe you can listen to it (or a long sample of it) by clicking this link.

The lyrics are behind the cut (because I'm posting a lot today, and I figure that will make it easier for people to see all the new ones!).


I guess it’s time for me to introduce myself
I would like to be polite and offer to shake your hand
But I’m not quite sure who I am any more
I’m always changing, changing,
changing, changing

I’m in the car and there in the square rear view
Is a lady, I say “Hey! Who the hell are you?”
Cause I don’t recognize that old soul behind my eyes
She’s always changing, changing (changing)
changing, changing (changing)

Once I was a daughter, then I was a mother
and I’ve been a sister, never was a brother though.
People I used to be don’t even say hello to me
I’d like to introduce my selves to each other,
but they keep….

One of these days, I wish I would just stay put
And be this too, too solid flesh from head to foot.
But like a pink, purple, blue sunrise, or a cloud that cries,
I’m always changing, changing (changing)
changing, changing (changing)

So my friend, oh, it’s been fun to meet,
if you wanna go ahead and press my button, press delete
because though I’m really, really, really here,
it won’t be long, I fear,
till I’m changing, changing (changing)
changing, changing (changing)


So am I projecting my own issues or does it seem like this song is really about DID?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(I swear I'm not going to blow up your blog with comments)

I just listened to it and it reminded me of a conversation I had today with a girl. She said she changes to fit the person she's with. Her personality changes to melt into what the other person needs or expects her to be. That's the first thing I thought of when hearing this song.

The other thing is, when it comes to DID looking in the mirror the "soul changes" over and over again depending on the circumstances. I saw that in the song when she sang about it.

I've never heard of the group but I like their music.
(that's enough from me for one day LOL)
Austin