Saturday, April 28, 2007

This week: Lists

Just recapping this past week, so I can have a sense of, I don't know, recognizing what's been happening. Recording it for posterity.

Things I/we have accomplished:

  • Ellis figured out how to draw better.

  • Got two rooms to a better state of organization.

  • Washed dishes consistently.

  • Made several meals, actually cooking.

  • Did grocery shopping.

  • Figured out a way to have "system meetings," and have done it several times in a row.


Things I/we have been discovering/acknowledging:
  • There are more parts, and we're working on being ok with that.

  • It really is important for parts to have a name, and not just an identity. A couple of parts have chosen names who hadn't before.

  • The adults and the teens have been trying to communicate better.

  • I/we need to do a lot of work on sorting out the difference between past and present


Things that have been going on inside:
  • Several of the little kids have been getting a lot of abuse memories.

  • The teens have been facing their own abuse stuff.

  • The adults and teens have been working on accepting that even stuff that seemed normal was actually pretty hard.

  • The adults and little kids have been working on accepting stuff about a certain person.


How I/we have been feeling:
  • Tired
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Scared
  • Accomplished
  • Accepted
  • Wiped out

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Sounds like you're making good progress. For me, just getting the dishes done makes it a good day lately.

Keep up the good work.

Jigsaw Analogy said...

Thanks. I'm working on acknowledging what I did do, and not getting upset with myself for what didn't get done.

My rule is two "jobs" a day... sometimes, those "jobs" are as simple as "make sure there is cat food and water in their bowls."

Thanks very much for the comment!