Thursday, April 19, 2007

Magic

by Michelle.

S. says she does not think magic is real. But I think she is wrong. This is because I do magic, and it is important to do some kinds of magic. Maybe some of my magic is just silly little kid stuff. But lots of my magic is very important.


These are the reasons I do magic: 1. So that people will love me because I don’t forget about doing important things like jobs, and so they will not think I did not do my jobs. 2. So that people won’t make a mistake and get me in trouble when I was not the one who did something bad. 3. So that I will not have nightmares.

The most important is about nightmares. This is the magic I do so I will not have nightmares. 1. I make sure to step on every single crack when I am walking on the sidewalk. And especially I make sure that I do not walk across a driveway when a car is in the street. 2. I say my prayers before I go to sleep and I ask God to make sure I don’t have any nightmares. 3. I sleep very carefully, curled up, and invisible. 4. I count things like the stairs so I know how many steps away a person is if I hear the stairs, and so if I wake up after a nightmare and it is dark I will not fall down the stairs.

This kind of magic is only good for one kind of nightmares. Those are the kind where something heavy is holding you down and there is scary breathing and you can’t breathe and it makes your tummy hurt.

It is very important to always do the magic so that you will be safe from these nightmares.

There are other kinds of magic, too, but that is the most important one.

Some of the other parts also do magic that helps to keep us safe. They are in charge of other kinds of magic. My magic is just about being good, and being invisible, and not having nightmares. Sometimes I forget to do some part of the magic, and then something bad happens.

Maybe this is because you can not do magic 100% of the time, but only part of the time, and sometimes, you don’t do it at the important time, since you maybe aren’t good at magic and you don’t know when the important time is to do it. But if you remember to be very careful and always do the magic every single time, then maybe you will go for two weeks or something and not have one single nightmare. It is not so easy to make people love you, or to always be invisible all the time, but if you are careful, you can mostly do this too.

2 comments:

Me, Myself And I said...

I don't think you have to do magic either.

Maybe what you need is a talisman.

Jigsaw Analogy said...

P.S. S. is my therapist, and not a different person named S.

P.P.S. I am writing another post about magic so I can show why it is very important to do.