Saturday, March 29, 2008

dance party in my head!

this post is mostly to see whether it actually works to "share" music from rhapsody.

one of the things we've found in my system is that some tasks (say, washing dishes or making dinner) go more easily when we take that time to have an internal dance party. i'll listen to music, either on the stereo or in my headphones, and whoever wants to can hang out dancing. the little kids especially like this. it's also been a way to get in touch with the baby, because usually someone will go find her and bring her to the dance party. not sure how she experiences it, but they usually make a point of including her.

so here are today's tracks from the dance party in my head:

Here's a link. Not sure how it works--I'm guessing you have to have an account, and they say free accounts still let you listen to 25 tracks a month without paying.

And here is the list of tracks:
1. sing, Shout, Dance - Kingdom Heirs
2. I Love To Laugh - Sweet Honey in the Rock
3. Philadelphia Chickens - The Bacon Brothers - Sandra Boynton
4. Hush-A-Bye Hard Times - Dolly Parton
5. Still Gotta Get Up In The Morning - Sweet Honey in the Rock
6. Magellan - Broadside Electric
7. Rock-A-My Soul - Acappella
8. Busy Busy Busy - Kevin Kline - Sandra Boynton
9. Do What the Spirit Say Do - Sweet Honey in the Rock
10. Be Like A Duck - Keith Boynton - Sandra Boynton
11. Still The Same Me - Sweet Honey in the Rock

4 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

This sounds like a productive way to take care of the needs of multiple parts of you. Pretty cool!

Although, I have to say, seeing your list makes me feel old. I don't know a single song or artist/group on it. I know it's because of my age. lol

Jigsaw Analogy said...

not sure what your age would have to be for not knowing these. :) most of the artists have been around for more than 20 years. (looked up a few founding dates... good grief, sweet honey has been performing for 35 years!)

mostly, it's just that they are less mainstream (well, i'd say dolly parton is pretty mainstream, but i guess only if you listen to country music).

part of why i posted the list is because these are all really good artists, and the music is appealing to a variety of ages. plus, i've had an ongoing crusade against crummy kids' music, because there is so much good stuff out there that appeals to kids but doesn't cause adults to want to buy earplugs, so why expose your children to mediocre music?

Medicoglia, RN said...

We love sweet honey in the rock! Have seen them live a few times, mostly in the early 90's.

Medicoglia, RN said...

I'm thinking I should put up Jesse's playlist for Rising! ;) Janis Joplin, The Doors, Jefferson Airplane, Rolling Stones, Country Joe and the Fish, The Beatles...etc. hehe